So, do you want to flash a custom ROM on your device, or do you want to root your device? Well, my friend, if that’s what you want, you probably need a custom recovery installed on your phone. All smartphone firmware comes with a feature called recovery mode. Recovery mode is just a firmware function that allows you to perform a hard reset. You can also clean up all catch files to improve performance in the event of a problem. As the name implies, it basically provides recovery capabilities and applies update packages, for example. However, the stock recovery that comes with the vendor’s stock firmware does not provide many of these features. This is when custom recovery plays a role. Custom recovery is just a recovery mode with more features than stock.
With custom recovery, you can flash several MOD and custom ROMs. Not only that, you can also perform a backup of the entire device to restore it. You can also wipe the cache or the entire memory to perform a reset. Recently, there are a lot of custom recoveries available on smartphones. Some of these include TWRP, Pitch Black, Orange Fox and more. TWRP, which stands for Team Win Recovery Project, is probably the oldest and one of the best custom recoveries ever. That’s what covers everything in today’s post.
Redmi Note 9/9Pro TWRP Recovery:
The Redmi Note 9 Pro MaxRedmi Note 9 and 9 Pro are some of the best devices in Xiaomi recently launched. These devices are the latest trend choices among users. It’s only a few weeks away, but it’s already getting the attention of many developers. They are already developing TWRP and some great custom ROMs for these devices.
Well, there are a lot of amazing ROMs and mods like that on their way and we’ll see them soon. However, to enjoy all of this, you must first install a custom recovery. You need to flush the TWRP recovery image of the device. You must also unlock the bootloader to flush this custom recovery. To unlock the Redmi Note 9 and 9 Pro bootloaders, you can see the following steps:
To install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9/9 Pro:
After you unlock the device bootloader, you need to enable some settings on your phone. Follow the instructions below.
- Go to Settings > About, tap the MIUI version 8 times to enable developer mode on your device.
- Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > Switch USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Back up important data and make sure that the device is at least 60% charged.
- You are now ready to install TWRP on all Redmi Note 9/9 Pro. Follow these steps:
Step 1 –
Download and set up a platform tool for Windows, Mac, or Linux systems. Install all USB device drivers for your smartphone.
Step 2 –
Go to the Platform-tools folder and hold down the right SHIFT key at the same time and right-click the blank space. If you’re using Windows, you’ll see a menu of options here that include supposition command prompts or Powershell options. Click on it. Follow the link above to learn how to use it on your Mac or Linux.
Step 3 –
Download the TWRP recovery image file and flush it to the device. Copy this recovery image to the Platform-tools folder. You can download the image from the link below.
TWRP recovery with Redmi Note 8 Pro
Step 4 –
When the shell opens, follow these steps:
- Switch your phone and start in Fastboot mode. To do this, press and hold the power button and the volume low button for a few seconds at the same time. After booting in Fastboot mode, connect the device to the system via a USB cable.
- Enter fastboot devices. You can see that the connection to the serial number of the connected device was successful.
- Type FASTBOOT flash recovery “recovery image file name”. For example, type fastboot flash recovery twrp recovery.img and press Enter.
- The TWRP image starts flushing and takes only a few seconds. Type fastboot reboot to start the device.
TwRP recovery is now installed on Redmi Note 9/9 Pro. To start TWRP recovery, press and hold the power and loud buttons at the same time for a few seconds. Go ahead and explore things with twrp on your phone. Enjoy the flashing peeps!!
Stay tuned for future updates to TWRP Custom Recovery for Redmi Note 9 and 9 Pro. Also, please share this article with all the people who were waiting for custom recovery and custom ROM flash.